Christmas Eve is tomorrow…can you believe it?? In the spirit of Christmas we thought this would be the perfect time to share one of our favorite pinned recipes for a holiday dessert (or even a Christmas morning treat). The first time we gave this Christmas Cranberry Pound Cake a whirl, we were in heaven! The scrumptious pound cake is studded with cranberries and white chocolate and perfectly topped off with a beautiful white glaze. It’s a guaranteed crowd pleaser, even for the Scrooge in your family 😉
Compile the Goods:
The ingredients are fairly simple, and if you have been baking as much as we have this holiday season, then chances are you already have most of these items floating around your pantry:
1 cup fresh or thawed cranberries
1 handful cranberries, dried
1 tbsp vegetable oil
½ cup butter, unsalted
6 tbsp butter
4 ounces cream cheese
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup mascarpone cheese
½ tsp baking powder
187 g cake flour
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
1 pinch salt
300 g sugar
2 tsp vanilla
½ cup white chocolate chips
5 ounces white chocolate chunk
Bake a Little Holiday Magic:
- First things first of course, preheat your oven to 325 and butter and flour your loaf pan and line it with parchment paper (this will save you from the headache of your cake falling apart or sticking come Christmas morning).
- Combine cake flour, baking powder and salt. Sift three times and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, over medium heat brown 2.5 tablespoons of butter until it turns a nice amber color. Remove the foam and set aside to cool.
- Whisk the egg with vanilla extract and set aside.
- Mix the butter on medium speed until it is creamy. Slowly add sugar, maintaining creamy consistency.
- Turn mixer on low speed and gradually add in dry ingredients alternately with eggs.
- Take a handful of flour and toss with chocolate chunks and cranberries until they are covered completely. Add chocolate chunks and cranberries to the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and gently tap the pan to remove any air bubbles.
- Take a butter knife and draw a line down the center of the pound cake. Pour browned butter into the line.
- Bake until the top of the cake is golden brown. Test by inserting a toothpick to see if it comes clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes before removing to let it cool on a rack.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, it’s time to prepare the best part…the glaze!
- With a mixer, combine softened butter and cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add in powdered sugar and beat until smooth, mix in vanilla extract. Spread on top of the cake and refrigerate until the frosting is set.
- Once set, melt ½ cup of white chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a small sauce pan over low heat until its smooth.
- Sprinkle cake with dried cranberries and drizzle with chocolate.
Recipe courtesy of: Oh My God, Chocolate Desserts