Once the holidays are behind us, we find ourselves in a bit of a lull. On the one hand, we look forward to things slowing down a bit, but we also find ourselves missing the excitement and activities that the holidays bring. We have found that the best solution for the post-holiday, wintertime slump is to plan exciting winter getaways. At the Combsberry Inn, we offer the perfect reprieve to your winter blues. Whether you are looking to cozy up and hibernate or spend the day outdoors adventuring across the Eastern Shore of Maryland, a winter escape at Combsberry is just a few clicks and a short drive away. To make the decision a little easier for you, we’ve compiled the top 5 reasons to choose Combsberry for your winter escape:
- Recover from the Holidays: The holidays can be a joyful and festive time of year, but they can also leave you feeling exhausted, which is why a post-holiday recovery weekend is paramount. We suggest unwinding with us at the Inn and treating yourself to a relaxing weekend by the fire, strolling the grounds, or simply curling up with a book or a loved one. Everyone needs to recharge and now is the perfect time to act.
- Explore the Outdoors: The weather has been quite mild here in Oxford, with more days in the 60s than in the 40s so far this winter! We love it because it provides our guests with ample opportunities to get outside and explore the natural beauty of Maryland’s Eastern Shore. From the shores of the Chesapeake Bay, to the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, to the bike trails of St. Michaels, there are ample outdoor adventures awaiting you.
- A Romantic Escape: Love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it, which means it’s time to start planning a romantic winter weekend. We offer several romantic add-ons for our lovebird guests, including homemade bath salts, aromatouch sessions, and chocolate covered strawberries. There is no better way to spend a cold winter night than snuggled up with your significant other.
- Elopement Made Easy: Not every girl dreams of a big wedding complete with over-the-top decorations, a designer gown, and 500 of your closest friends. For some brides, the dream day is comprised of an intimate elopement, which is why we offer elopement packages at the Inn. Make your special day about you – plan a wintertime elopement at the Inn.
- Discover a New Town: We have so many reasons to love the Eastern Shore of Maryland, but high up on that list is the collection of small towns that surround us. Quaint, historic, charming towns are within just a short drive from Combsberry, and a crisp, winter’s day is the perfect time to discover them. St. Michaels, Easton, Cambridge, Oxford…book a weekend getaway at Combsberry and embark on a day trip adventure to some of Maryland’s most beautiful small towns.
Whether you love being adventurous in the cold weather or prefer to hibernate with a good book and a glass of red wine, Combsberry Inn is primed for your next wintertime escape. Contact our Innkeeper today to learn more about our upcoming winter specials!